16 Jan 2014

The lazy/busy girls guide to dressing up + DIY dry shampoo

Unless i'm in the mood to dress-up I never really put the effort of going to the salon, doing my hair, makeup, waxing etc. It's a weekday, I have 2 essays to do and a very formal dinner tonight. So to get my work done I didn't spend much time getting ready. The first thing that cut my time is that I showered the night before and braided my hair before going to bed and then let out the braids half an hour before I had to leave ( the more braids the smaller the sections = the tighter the curls), sprayed some hairspray and that was my hair done. For make-up I just did my everyday face make-up, added a bold lip colour and lined my eyes. I left time to go to the salon but I took longer than I expected so instead of wearing a dress I wore a jumper tucked into a skirt and tights. That way I had no reason to get a wax  (you could also wear a dress just add tights and a jacket).Also adding heels and jewelry will instantly make an outfit look more put together and formal.
My outfit:
skirt: Garage
Jumper: Topshop
Nude heels: Kurt Geiger
Korres lip butter - wild rose
YSL liquid eyeliner
Tom Ford lipstick - Violet fatale 
perfume: escentric molecules 01

DIY dry shampoo


If you didn't take a shower and don't know what to do here's a recipe for dry shampoo and you'll find most of these things in your home.

 you'll need:
1tsp baking/bicarbonite soda
1tsp corn starch/flour
1tsp rubbing alcohol 
1fl oz/ 29.5ml warm water




combine all the ingredients then add the mixture to a spray bottle. spray and massage into your hair. Brush out your hair and leave it natural or you can simply braid/twirl 2 small sections from the top of your head and secure it onto the back of your head with either a clip/bow/bobby pins.
                                                                          M<3

No comments:

Post a Comment